This Battle Droid action figure was released in
2012 in the Movie Heroes toy line.
Hasbro gave the figure five joints and included
three accessories (backpack, blaster, rocket launcher with projectile).
Here is what we noticed when we took a closer look at the Droid:
- This Battle Droid is a repaint of the "SAGA Legends" TPM Battle Droid from 2007
- This Battle Droid was released simultanously with the Attack Of The Clones Battle Droid, both figures had the same Hasbro numbering with MH04
- The left leg of the droid is a little bit longer than the right, so the figure balances out best with the left leg leading the right
- The backpack plugs well into the hole in the back of the figure
- The backpack has a hole on the side where a blaster could be hung from, unfortunately, the blaster which was included wouldn't stay attached
- The droid can hold the blaster OK in both hands
- The included rocket launcher was not designed with this figure in mind, and so the battle droid can't hold it in either hand
- It's not possible to fold the droid up in a sleeping position as seen in the The Phantom Menace
The articulation details are as follows: swivel neck, 2 swivel arms, 2 swivel legs
Battle droids are the perfect soldiers - programmed to fight without hesitation and deployed
in vast numbers that overwhelm opponents. Individually, though, their limited cognitive ability makes them vulnerable
when they go up against skilled Jedi who can outwit and outmaneuver them.