This Darth Maul action figure was released in
2012 in the Movie Heroes toy line.
Hasbro gave the figure seven joints and included
one accessory (red double-bladed lightsaber (the blades are not removable)).
Here is what we noticed when we took a closer look at the Sith:
- Darth Maul stands well without a stand
- The double-bladed lightsaber (the blades can't be removed) fits only loosely into both hands
- The head sculpt is done quite nicely
- When both legs are squeezed together, the "slashing lightsaber action" is triggered and both arms move up or down
- This figure is certainly interesting for kids, but collectors might want to look at the Vintage Collection Darth Maul, which is superior in sculpt, articulation and accessories
The articulation details are as follows: ball-jointed neck, 2 swivel shoulders, 2 swivel forearms, 2 swivel legs
Darth Maul duels Qui-Gon Jinn and Obi-Wan Kenobi in the Theed Royal Palace on Naboo. The Sith Lord
handles the lightsaber with supreme skill, making it difficult for the two Jedi to gain the upper hand in life-or-death
slashes at his opponents with his double-bladed lightsaber as the three duel from the hangar bay to the generator complex.