TIP: Use the FIND TOOL to look up figures by datestamp!
Darth Maul (Jedi Duel) , Episode I Collection, 1999
Darth Maul (Jedi Duel)
- Toy Line: Episode I Collection
- Retailer Exclusive: No
- Variation: Gray vest, 1st face
- Date Stamp: 1998
- Released: 1999
- Articulation Count: 10
- Articulation Details: Head, 2 shoulders, 2 swivel elbows, 2 swivel under arms, waist, 2 legs
- Accessory Count: 1
- Accessory Details: Red double-bladed lightsaber
This Darth Maul action figure was released in 1999 as part of the initial Episode 1 launch. The figure has 10 points of articulation, which for back then was quite amazing. The paint application in the face is clean and looks overall great. Darth Maul can hold his double-bladed lightsaber tightly, and the figure stands securely without the need of a stand. The lightsaber blades are not removable from the hilt, and there were no other accessories included with this figure (except for a commtech cwaist). Overall, it's a good looking figure, and if it had ball-joints it would have gotten top marks in this review. However, there are more accurate and nicer looking Darth Maul action figures on the market today.
There are 3 variants known
- black vest instead of gray, 1st face pattern
- gray vest, 1st face pattern
- gray vest, 2nd, slightly corrected face pattern
The figure pictured here is the 2nd version, gray vest, 1st face pattern.