This Darth Maul action figure was released in
1999 in the Episode I Collection.
Hasbro gave the figure seven joints and included
one accessory (red lightsaber (with one blade ignited)).
Here is what we noticed when we took a closer look at the Sith:
- This Darth Maul is scene specific and captures the attack in TPM on Qui-Gon Jinn on Tatooine
- The cloak was given very nice weathering with subtle "Tatooine sand" applied to the bottom of it
- Maul has 7 joints, but the non-removable plastic cloak leaves little to no room to adjust the figure's stance
- The lightsaber fits very well into the hands
- Darth Maul has no balancing problems
The articulation details are as follows: 2 swivel arms, swivel right elbow, swivel left forearm, swivel waist, 2 swivel legs
After enduring heavy damage during their escape from Naboo, the Naboo Royal Starship
is forced to land on the desert planet of Tatooine. Returning from Mos Espa with
Anakin Skywalker, Qui-Gon is ambushed by a figure in flowing dark robes - it is the evil
Darth Maul. Ordering Anakin to the ship, Qui-Gon matches his awesome Jedi skill
against the Sith Lord's sinister power. Both escape with their lives, but it would not be their last meeting.