This Darth Vader action figure was released in
2012 in the Movie Heroes toy line.
Hasbro gave the figure nine joints and included
one accessory (removable plastic cape).
Here is what we noticed when we took a closer look at the Sith:
- This version of Darth Vader is identical in articulation to the Movie Heroes Obi-Wan Kenobi and Qui-Gon Jinn figures, which also feature light-up lightsabers
- Darth Vader's permanently attached light-up lightsaber can be activated by pressing the belt buckle
- The saber lights up brightly and looks cool
- Vader's plastic cape is removable and fits well
- Compared to the Vintage Collection Darth Vader, this version is a tiny bit shorter, but much, much bulkier (which is appropriate for Vader)
- Unfortunately, it's not possible to keep the lightsaber lit permanently
- Because of the electronics, the right arm and the waist are not articulated
- The right forearm and the lightsaber hilt are also much, much bigger compared to a regular figure
- There is no option to change the battery, so if you buy this figure on the secondary market, make sure to ask if the lightup lightsaber still works
The articulation details are as follows: swivel neck, 2 swivel shoulders, ball-jointed left elbow, swivel left forearm, 2 swivel legs, 2 ball-jointed knees
Darth Vader is a master of the lightsaber. Many years have passed since the Sith Lord has fought someone who can also
wield the legendary weapon of the Jedi and the Sith. Calling upon his powerful connection to the Force, Vader ignites his Lightsaber to battle young Luke Skywalker.