This Darth Vader action figure was released in
2007 in The Anniversary Collection.
It was exclusively available at Target.
Hasbro gave the figure 14 points of articulation and included
one accessory (red lightsaber).
Here is what we noticed when we took a closer look at the Sith:
- Darth Vader was released in set 3 of 6 of the Order 66 2-packs together with Clone Commander Bow
- Darth Vader and Commander Bow could be seen together in the Star Wars Comic Book "PURGE"
- The figure is a re-work of the ROTS Darth Vader action figure from 2005, this time the top part of the helmet is not removable
- Unfortunately, Hasbro decided to just glue the top part of the helmet down, which in the figure reviewed here, didn't work out that great
- There is a gap between the top part of the helmet and the bottom piece, which on closer inspection doesn't look good
- The soft-goods outer and inner robes are not removable
- The figure reviewed here was unable to hold the lightsaber well in either hand
- Darth Vader stands OK without help from a stand
The articulation details are as follows: swivel neck, 2 ball-jointed shoulders, 2 ball-jointed elbows, 2 swivel forearms, swivel waist, 2 swivel legs, 2 ball-jointed knees, 2 ball-jointed ankles
If you like this Darth Vader figure, you might also like:
Darth Vader is a frightening figure who leads through power and intimidation. Commander Bow carries out Vader's orders with alacrity and unquestioning obedience as Vader tightens the Emperor's grip on the galaxy.