This Luke Skywalker action figure was released in
2003 in the Star Wars SAGA series.
Hasbro gave the figure ten points of articulation and included
one accessory (blue lightsaber).
Here is what we noticed when we took a closer look at the figure:
- Luke Skywalker (Tatooine Encounter) was released individually carded
- Luke's lightsaber is a good fit for both hands
- The lightsaber blade is not removable
- The belt and the pouches are part of the figure and can't be taken off the figure
- Luke stands very well without help from a stand
The articulation details are as follows: swivel neck, 2 swivel arms, 2 swivel elbows, swivel waist, 2 swivel legs
Luke Skywalker's life began as a simple farmboy where he spent his restless childhood on the backwater desert planet of Tatooine, toiling away on his uncle Owen's moisture farm. There he learned the essentials of desert survival and droid repair as well as honing his piloting skills in Tatooine's infamous Beggar's Canyon, racing his T-16 shyhopper. Luke's life changed when his uncle purchased a pair of used droids from Jawa dealers visiting his homestead. The droids, R2-D2 and C-3PO, led Luke on an adventure, uniting him with Obi-Wan Kenobi, who taught Luke in the ways of the Jedi Knights and the Force, and gave him his father's lightsaber.