This Luke Skywalker action figure was released in
2006 in The Saga Collection.
Hasbro gave the figure ten points of articulation and included
seven accessories (poncho, lightsaber hilt, binoculars, hat, chest, stand, random holographic figure).
Here is what we noticed when we took a closer look at the figure:
- Luke Skywalker (Escape From Mos Eisley) was released individually carded
- This figure is based on the in 1999 released commtech Luke Skywalker action figure, but with a new paint application and with different accessories
- Luke's poncho is a fantastic fit
- The hat, which has the goggles molded on top, fits well onto the head
- Both, the lightsaber hilt and the binoculars, fit well into the right hand but not into the left
- The chest is nicely detailed on the inside, Luke's lightsaber can even be placed into a specific slot next to Obi-Wan's saber
- Thanks to knee joints and an unobtrusive plastic skirt, the figure is able to sit
- Luke stands very well without a stand
The articulation details are as follows: swivel neck, 2 swivel arms, 2 swivel elbows, swivel waist, 2 swivel legs, 2 swivel knees
When Luke Skywalker discovers that his aunt and uncle have been murdered at the hands of the Empire, he tells Obi-Wan Kenobi, “there is nothing left for me here.” Luke agrees to join Obi-Wan on an idealistic crusade to the planet Alderaan. Now driven and focused, Luke is determined to learn about the Force and become a Jedi Knight like his father before him.