This OOM-9 action figure was released in
1999 in the Episode I Collection.
Hasbro gave the figure ten points of articulation and included
three accessories (blaster, binoculars, removable antenna).
Here is what we noticed when we took a closer look at the Droid:
- Oom-9 can hold the blaster well in both hands
- The binoculars fit well into the right hand, but not very well into the left
- The droid stands OK by itself without a stand
- Due to the lack of ankle joints, the droid can't be placed into a folded-up sleeping position
- The figure is about one head taller than the Vintage Collection Battle Droid released about 13 years later
- The antenna on the back of the droid can be removed
- The figure is made out of very soft plastic
The articulation details are as follows: ball-jointed neck, pull-out neck, 2 swivel shoulders, 2 swivel elbows, 2 swivel legs, 2 swivel knees
As a commander droid for the Trade Federation army, OOM-9 strategically coordinates the fully
automated droid army against the Naboo and Gungan combined forces.