This Obi-Wan Kenobi action figure was released in
2012 in the Movie Heroes toy line.
Hasbro gave the figure 14 points of articulation and included
two accessories (headset, blue lightsaber).
Here is what we noticed when we took a closer look at the Jedi:
- This Obi-Wan Kenobi was packed-in together with a class I Naboo Royal Fighter vehicle
- The vehicle is identical the Naboo Star Skiff, which was released in the Clone Wars Collection in 2010 together with Anakin Skywalker, except for the tip of the wings seem to have been given a darker color
- The figure has been released many times over the years, even in the same Movie Heroes toy line as this figure (MH Obi-Wan Kenobi)
- The blue lightsaber fits well into both hands
- The bulky headset can easily be removed
- There is a hole on the left side of the belt where a lightsaber hilt could be plugged in, but there was no non-ignited lightsaber hilt included
- There was no jedi robe included
- The figure fits nicely into the Naboo Royal Fighter cockpit
- Obi-Wan stands nicely by himself without any balancing issues
- Technically, this figure is part of the expanded universe, because Obi-Wan was never seen piloting a Naboo Royal Fighter in Episode 1
The articulation details are as follows: ball-jointed neck, 2 ball-jointed shoulders, 2 ball-jointed elbows, 2 swivel wrists, ball-jointed waist, 2 swivel legs, 2 ball-jointed knees, 2 ball-jointed ankles
Obi-Wan Kenobi pilots a Naboo royal fighter, which is used by the Royal House of Naboo for passenger transport. The Jedi borrows the chromium-sheathed vessel during a mission to Naboo. Obi-Wan is grateful for the fighter's laser cannons, which have been added to the vehicle because of the turbulent times threatening the peaceful world.