This Palpatine action figure was released in
2008 in The Anniversary Collection.
It was exclusively available at Target.
Hasbro gave the figure 14 points of articulation and included
four accessories (red lightsaber, soft-goods sith robe, walking stick, robe clasp).
Here is what we noticed when we took a closer look at the figure:
- Emperor Palpatine was released in set 4 of 6 of the Order 66 2-packs together with Clone Commander Vill
- Palpatine and Commander Vill can be seen in the Star Wars comic book series "Dark Times"
- For this figure, Hasbro re-used a previously released Emperor Palpatine figure from 2005 and repainted it
- This time however there are no exchangable hands or blue force lightning pieces included
- Palpatine can hold the lightsaber well in the right hand
- The walking stick fits only very loosely into the right hand
- It's questionable if including a walking stick makes sense for this version of Palpatine because of the overly aggressive looking head sculpt
- The soft-goods Sith robe is too big, and it looks too bulky on the figure
- The robe clasp is its own piece and can be removed
- Palpatine a.k.a. Darth Sidious stands well without help from a stand
The articulation details are as follows: ball-jointed neck, 2 ball-jointed shoulders, 2 ball-jointed elbows, 2 swivel wrists, swivel waist, 2 swivel legs, 2 ball-jointed knees, 2 ball-jointed ankles
If you like this Palpatine figure, you might also like:
Palpatine sends secret orders to Commander Vill, who is the clone commander of the 501st Legion on New Plympto at the end of the Clone Wars.