This Palpatine action figure was released in
2013 in the Saga Legends Series.
It was exclusively available at Target.
Hasbro gave the figure 14 points of articulation and included
four accessories (red lightsaber, plastic hood, soft-goods vest, soft-goods skirt).
Here is what we noticed when we took a closer look at the Sith:
- Emperor Palpatine was released in The Rise Of Darth Vader 4-pack
- The other figures in this set were Darth Vader, a Shock Trooper and the Chopper Droid (Medical Droid)
- The figure is a re-release of the in 2010 produced Darth Sidious action figure from The Vintage Collection
- Even though the Vintage Collection Palpatine, and this version were produced several years apart, there appears to be no notable difference between the figures in the paint application
- This time however, Hasbro didn't include any force lightning accessories
- Palpatine's plastic hood, the vest and the brown soft-goods skirt are removable
- The red lightsaber fits well into both hands
- The figure has no balancing issues and the sculpting on the figure captures the likeness of the Episode III Palpatine very well
The articulation details are as follows: ball-jointed neck, 2 ball-jointed shoulders, 2 ball-jointed elbows, 2 swivel wrists, swivel waist, 2 swivel legs, 2 ball-jointed knees, 2 ball-jointed ankles
If you like this Palpatine figure, you might also like:
Anakin Skywalker falls to the dark side and Darth Vader rises to terrorize the galaxy. Near death after his duel with Obi-Wan Kenobi, Anakin is brought to a medical facility by Emperor Palpatine. His life is saved with the help of cybernetic machines that now keep him alive. This cataclysmic event is the final stage in his conversion from the Jedi hero anakin Skywalker to the dark Lord of the Sith... Darth Vader!