This R2-D2 action figure was released in
2005 in the Revenge Of The Sith Collection.
Hasbro gave the figure five joints and included
Here is what we noticed when we took a closer look at the Droid:
- This R2-D2 was released individually carded
- The figure is a re-work of the Star Wars SAGA R2-D2 (Coruscant Sentry) from 2002, but features different sound bites and a 2004 copyright datestamp
- This R2-D2 was taken out of its packaging eight years after its release and the batteries were dead
- Luckily there is a screw on the back which allows for the battery to be exchanged
- R2's front panel is a button, when pressed, the droid will play various sound bites and the front eye will light up
- Because of the electronics, the dome can't be turned
- The middle leg can't be removed or moved into the body, so the droid will always be in a 3-legged position
- The feet don't have rolls in them
The articulation details are as follows: 2 swivel legs, 3 swivel ankles
R2-D2 accompanies Padmé to Mustafar as she tries to persuade Anakin to return to the side of good. The loyal astromech droid witnesses a tragedy that has monumental consequences for the galaxy.