This R2-D2 action figure was released in
2013 in the .
Hasbro gave the figure six joints and included
ten accessories (2 removable panels on the legs, 2 booster rockets, luke skywalker's lightsaber hilt, sensorscope, periscope, 3 removable panels in the dome,).
Here is what we noticed when we took a closer look at the Droid:
- This six inch scale R2-D2 was released individually boxed
- R2-D2 has three panels on top of the dome which can be removed
- Hasbro included a sensorscope, Luke's lightsaber and a periscope with R2-D2, which can be plugged into the holes underneath the panels in the dome
- This works overall great, but unfortunately Luke's lightsaber can't be put all the way into the dome
- The two outside panels on R2-D2's legs can be replaced by two booster rockets
- There are two front panels on R2's body which can be opened, which then lets you pull out two of R2-D2's arms
- R2-D2's dome can be rotated 360 degrees, which then moves the middle leg in our out of the body
- Each foot has two wheels in it, which helps to balance the droid out nicely
- In the 3 3/4 inch line, the droids mostly have one wheel in each foot, which sometimes makes the droids lean a bit forward or backward (this is not the case here)
- There are no electronics built into the droid and the front eye doesn't light up
- The figure is beautifully sculpted, it's very detailed and comes with a TON of accessories
- Unfortuantely, R2 is too small in comparison with other 6 inch scale figures, which is the only let down
The articulation details are as follows: 360 degree rotatable dome (clicking sound), 2 swivel legs, 3 swivel ankles
R2-D2 is a plucky and loyal astromech droid that takes part in many of the momentous events in the galaxy.