This Battle Droid action figure was released in
1998 in the Power Of The Force 2 Collection.
Hasbro gave the figure ten points of articulation and included
Here is what we noticed when we took a closer look at the Droid:
- This Battle Droid was packed together with a STAP vehicle
- The same figure with the same vehicle, but with a different paint application, was later released in the Episode 1 toy line: Battle Droid with STAP. Later in 2012, Hasbro released a re-worked and repainted version of this set in the Movie Heroes line: Battle Droid with STAP
- The backpack plugs well into a hole in the back of the figure
- Unlike other Battle Droid backpacks, this backpack has no hole where a blaster could be plugged in on the side
- Both arm and elbow joints are very, very loose
- The figure fits well onto the included STAP vehicle
The articulation details are as follows: ball-jointed and swivel neck, 2 swivel arms, 2 swivel elbows, 2 swivel legs, 2 swivel knees
The STAP is a small, one-pilot, repulsorlift vehicle outfitted with two laser cannons. It is extremely maneuvarable, making perfect for patrol, reconnaissance and battle. STAPs are operated by battle droids who function as the infantry of the Trade Federation army.