This Jabba The Hutt action figure was released in
1999 in the Episode I Collection.
Hasbro gave the figure three joints and included
two accessories (2-piece gong, chuba projectile).
Here is what we noticed when we took a closer look at the figure:
- The chuba fish is part of Jabba's left hand and can't be removed
- The chuba looks nothing like the little creature Jabba bit the head off in the movie
- The chuba's head is a projectile, which can be plugged into Jabba's mouth
- When Jabba's right arm is moved down, the chuba shoots out of the mouth (towards the included gong, this way the movie scene where Jabba opened the Boonta Eve race can be recreated)
- Unfortunately, this version of Jabba looks nothing like the Episode 1 movie character
- The tail can't be moved (Jabba was never seen in this position in the movie)
- For an overview of what Jabba The Hutt figures have been released, please have a look at the Jabba The Hutt article
The articulation details are as follows: swivel head, 2 swivel arms
If you like this Jabba The Hutt figure, you might also like:
The annual Boonta Eve podrace at Mos Espa is perhaps the most exciting,
action packed sporting event in the galaxy. Completing a time-honored race ritual, crime lord
Jabba the Hutt bites the head off a chuba and spits it at the traditional gong.
The podracers are off! While a two-headed announcer narrates the play-by-play, a young Podracer named
Anakin Skywalker races towards his destiny.