This Obi-Wan Kenobi action figure was released in
2012 in the Movie Heroes toy line.
Hasbro gave the figure nine joints and included
Here is what we noticed when we took a closer look at the Jedi:
- This version of Obi-Wan Kenobi is identical in articulation and functionality to the light-up lightsaber Qui-Gon Jinn figure
- Obi-Wan Kenobi's permanently attached light-up lightsaber can be activated by pressing a button on the belt
- The saber lights up brightly and looks cool
- Unfortunately, it's not possible to keep the lightsaber lit permanently
- The upper body looks a bit too wide and disproportionate
- Obi-Wan Kenobi's head sculpt looks fantastic and captures the likeness of Obi-Wan from Episode 1 very well
- Because of the electronics, the right arm and the waist are not articulated
- The right forearm and the lightsaber hilt are also much, much bigger compared to a regular figure
- Obi-Wan Kenobi stands well without a stand
- There is no option to change the battery, so if you buy this figure on the secondary market, make sure to ask if the lightup lightsaber still works
- There was no jedi robe included
The articulation details are as follows: ball-jointed neck, 2 swivel arms, ball-jointed left elbow, swivel left wrist, 2 swivel legs, 2 ball-jointed knees
Obi-Wan Kenobi battles Darth Maul in the Theed Royal Palace on Naboo.
Obi-Wan becomes separated from Qui-Gon Jinn as the two Jedi duel
the menacing Sith apprentice in the generator complex. When Obi-Wan
is reunited with his Jedi Master, he faces an unexpected tragedy and must fight the powerful Darth Maul on his own.