This Captain Rex action figure was released in
2012 in The Clone Wars Collection.
Hasbro gave the figure eight joints and included
four accessories (2 blasters, shoulder pauldron, rocket launcher with projectile).
Here is what we noticed when we took a closer look at the Clone Trooper:
- Captain Rex can be seen in Phase II armor starting in season four of The Clone Wars TV show
- There is no head underneath the helmet
- The shoulder pauldron is removable
- The rangefinder on the helmet is not movable
- There is a hole in the back of the figure, but there was no backpack or other accessory included which can be plugged in here
- Both blasters fit well into the holsters
- They also fit OK into both hands
- The markings on Rex's helmet look nice, but the overall color of the helmet doesn't match the rest of the armor
- Captain Rex is able to hold the Rocket Launcher, but he'll need to be placed on a stand for more stability
The articulation details are as follows: ball-jointed neck, 2 ball-jointed shoulders, 2 ball-jointed elbows, swivel waist, 2 swivel legs
During the Clone Wars, Captain Rex
is Anakin Skywalker's second-in-command. The tough, free-thinking soldier commands the 501st Legion in many battles against
the Droid Army. A seasoned fighter, Rex
opens fire with his blaster, destroying one Battle Droid after another in the fight to save the Republic.