This Anakin Skywalker action figure was released in
2012 in the Movie Heroes toy line.
Hasbro gave the figure six joints and included
two accessories (podracer pilot helmet, backpack with missile).
Here is what we noticed when we took a closer look at the figure:
- This version of Anakin Skywalker is only very loosely based on The Phantom Menace
- The backpack was never seen in the movie, but Hasbro based it on a podracer engine, added two movable flaps on each side and gave it two movable handle bars
- The backpack plugs very well into a hole in the back of the figure
- The podracer pilot helmet fits tightly over Anakin's head
- Anakin can grab the handle bars on the backpack quite well
- The nice and dirty looking paint application on the tunic doesn't match the pants, which are kept entirely "clean"
The articulation details are as follows: ball-jointed neck, 2 swivel arms, swivel waist, 2 swivel legs
Though still just a boy, Anakin Skywalker is already a gifted mechanic. He builds devices like a jet-powered backpack using bits and pieces thrown away by Watto, the junk dealer who owns the young slave. Anakin uses his mechanical ability to construct his own Podracer and rebuild a discarded protocol droid named C-3PO.