This Wedge Antilles action figure was released in
2012 in The Vintage Collection.
Hasbro gave the figure 14 points of articulation and included
two accessories (helmet, blaster).
Here is what we noticed when we took a closer look at the figure:
- This Wedge Antilles figure is a mix of previously released parts used on other figures, mainly seen on the 2006 and 2008 Luke Skywalker in X-Wing Gear figures
- This is obviously a problem, because Wedge is now too short and the figure has a hole in the belt where a lightsaber hilt would need to be plugged in (Wedge is not a Jedi, he's a pilot!)
- The paint application on the chest box mimics Luke Skywalker's chest box from the original Star Wars, not the one Wedge Antilles wore in ROTJ
- The figure stands quite well without help from a stand
- The cable which runs from the chestbox into the flight suit can be unplugged from the pilot suit
- The blaster fits well into the right hand, but it doesn't stay well in the left
- The helmet fits very, very tightly onto the head (it fits so tightly that in order to readjust the helmet, you will need to pop the head off the figure, just to get the helmet off, and then start over)
- Unfortunately, the helmet is a little too short, and if you place the visor over the eyes, the back of the head will show under the helmet (not a deal breaker, but still ...)
- The food capsules on the belt are on the wrong side (again, this is not ANH X-Wing Luke, this is supposed to be ROTJ Wedge Antilles)
- The head sculpt and the vintage-style card are fantastic
- Overall, this figure is a lackluster attempt by Hasbro to satisfy fan demand, it's clear they were trying to cash in on existing molds
- For fans who have been collecting for a while, and already own previous releases of this character, this version surley is a let down
The articulation details are as follows: ball-jointed neck, 2 ball-jointed shoulders, 2 ball-jointed elbows, 2 swivel forearms, ball-jointed waist, 2 swivel legs, 2 ball-jointed knees, 2 ball-jointed ankles
Celebrate the legendary Star Wars saga that changed the universe forever!
This collection brings to life the incredible story of good versus evil that captured our imagination and took us to a galaxy far, far away.
Iconic Star Wars heroes and villains are captured with incredible detail and premium features to commemorate each epic tale in the Star Wars saga. May the Force be with you!