This Luke Skywalker action figure was released in
2012 in the Movie Heroes toy line.
Hasbro gave the figure 14 points of articulation and included
four accessories (backpack with zip-line, grappling gun, helmet, blue lightsaber).
Here is what we noticed when we took a closer look at the figure:
- This version of Luke Skywalker in Snowspeeder Pilot outfit is a re-work of the Legacy Collection Luke Skywalker from 2009
- This time around the figure has a hole in the back where the included backpack can be plugged in
- Besides minor paint differences, there is also a peg on the left-hand side of the waist, which the original figure didn't have (you can attach the grappling gun cable to it)
- You can compare both figures next to each other here: Snowspeeder Luke Comparison
- Unfortunately, the right hand wasn't changed and it still has the awkward pointing down pose
- The lightsaber fits well into both hands
- The figure has no balancing problems
- There was no non-ignited lightsaber hilt included
- The helmet fits very tightly over the head
The articulation details are as follows: ball-jointed neck, 2 ball-jointed shoulders, 2 ball-jointed elbows, 2 swivel forearms, ball-jointed waist, 2 swivel legs, 2 ball-jointed knees, 2 ball-jointed ankles
Luke Skywalker destroys an AT-AT walker at the Battle Of Hoth. He attaches a zip line to an Imperial walker
to pull himself up to the vehicle's undercarriage. After planting an explosive in the walker, Luke releases the zip line
and drops to the ground. Moments later, the bomb detonates and rips apart the walker.