This Luke Skywalker action figure was released in
2011 in The Vintage Collection.
It was exclusively available at Target.
Hasbro gave the figure 14 points of articulation and included
three accessories (helmet, blaster, vader's lightsaber hilt).
Here is what we noticed when we took a closer look at the figure:
- This Luke Skywalker (X-Wing Outfit) was released in 2011 in a Target exclusive 3-pack titled "Hero Set"
- The other two figures in this 3-pack were Obi-Wan (Ben) Kenobi and Han Solo
- Luke is a re-release of the 2006 Vintage The Saga Collection Luke X-Wing figure
- The lightsaber hilt (Hasbro included Darth Vader's, instead of Luke's -> a mistake which happened as well back in 2006) plugs well into a hole in the belt
- Luke can also hold the hilt well in both hands
- There was no blue ignited lightsaber included with the figure
- Skywalker stands well without a stand
- The chestbox cable can be unplugged from the flight suit, but the box itself is permanently attached
- The blaster fits only loosely into both hands
- The helmet fits nicely over the head (although, it's a very tight fit)
- Unfortunately, the helmet isn't painted as nicely as it could have been (missing the black markings on the front and some weathering)
The articulation details are as follows: ball-jointed neck, 2 ball-jointed shoulders, 2 ball-jointed elbows, 2 swivel forearms, ball-jointed waist, 2 swivel legs, 2 ball-jointed knees, 2 ball-jointed ankles
This trio of Freedom Fighters challenges the tyranny and oppression of the sinister Galactic Empire. Luke Skywalker X-wing Pilot (3 ¾") is "battle ready" in orange flight suit and laser pistol. Han Solo (3 ¾"), the macho captain of the Millennium Falcon ship, carries a special laser pistol. Ben (Obi-Wan) Kenobi (3 ¾"), the last of the Jedi Knights, has a removable cape and a lightsaber.