This Darth Maul action figure was released in
2012 in The Clone Wars Collection.
It was exclusively available at Target.
Hasbro gave the figure eleven joints and included
three accessories (2-piece double-bladed red lightsaber, spinning attachment).
Here is what we noticed when we took a closer look at the Sith:
- This animated-style Darth Maul figure was released in September 2012 in a Target exclusive 3-pack titled "Darth Maul Returns"
- The other two figures in this battle pack were Savage Opress and a Nightsister
- Darth Maul is an all new figure
- The double-bladed lightsaber can be split apart in two individual sabers
- The blades on the sabers can't be taken off
- Both sabers can be attached to a middle piece, which then can be rotated (spinning action!)
- Both lightsabers fit well into both of Darth Maul's hands
- Unfortunately, it's not possible to attach lightsaber hilts around the waist as seen in the TV show
- The waist is not articulated, which is odd
- Despite ball-joints in the hip, knees and ankles, it's tricky to balance the figure out
- The paint application and the head sculpt are fantastic
- Maul stands about a head taller than a basic Clone Wars figure
The articulation details are as follows: ball-jointed neck, 2 ball-jointed shoulders, 2 ball-jointed elbows, 2 ball-jointed legs, 2 ball-jointed knees, 2 ball-jointed ankles
If you like this Darth Maul figure, you might also like:
Darth Maul returns from the dead and is ready for battle on new cybernetic legs. With the help of his brother Savage Opress and a powerful Nightsister, Maul prepares to avenge himself against the Jedi who almost killed him.