This Biker Scout action figure was released in
2012 in the Movie Heroes toy line.
It was exclusively available at Toys'R'Us.
Hasbro gave the figure 15 points of articulation and included
five accessories (2-piece clear display stand, small speeder-bike front-support stand, 2 blasters, 5-piece mobile cannon (which can be attached to the bottom of the speeder bike)).
Here is what we noticed when we took a closer look at the Clone Trooper:
- This Biker Scout figure was released in September 2012 together with a Speeder Bike
- The figure fits perfectly onto the bike
- Thanks to a retool of the neck joint, it's possible to move the head back and forth slightly, which allows the trooper to look up (or straight/leaning forward when sitting on the bike)
- There is no head underneath the helmet
- Both blasters fit only loosely into the hands
- The holster on the right boot is too small for the blaster
- The paint application is applied nicely, but the mismatched black shoulder joints look off
- The included 5-piece mobile cannon is cool, it can be taken apart and be attached to the bottom of the bike
- The 2-piece clear see-through display stand plugs nicely into the back of the Speeder Bike
- The small support stand for the front plugs nicely onto the bike, giving it much needed balance support
- Both flaps on the back of the bike can be moved up and down
- The top of the bike can be opened, which then reveals the engine
- There is no "exploding" button, as seen on some older Speeder Bikes
- Despite a couple of things that could be improved, the entire set with the Speeder Bike, the Biker Scout, the mobile cannon, the display and support stand turned out brillantly, and it shows that Hasbro does understand and pays attention to what collectors ask for
- About the mismatched black shoulder joints, we've asked Hasbro about this issue before back in October 2010, this is what they responded: "In order to control our tooling budgets, our vendors often decide which parts are tooled with which others for economy. As a result, it may mean the pins have different colors or needed to be painted to match molded parts, which can be tricky. It's something we're aware of, but we need to tolerate on occasion to get everything done the way we need it to be to hit targets."
- A very slightly re-tooled version of this Biker Scout figure was released single carded without the Speeder Bike in the 2013 The Black Series: Biker Scout figure
The articulation details are as follows: 2-piece ball-jointed neck, 2 ball-jointed shoulders, 2 ball-jointed elbows, 2 swivel forearms, ball-jointed waist, 2 ball-jointed legs, 2 ball-jointed knees, 2 ball-jointed ankles
For more Biker Scout (With Speeder Bike) pictures, please take a look at this Biker Scout page.
Biker Scouts patrol Endor on speeder bikes. The scouts look for Rebel incursions as they navigate swiftly through the dense forests. To provide the scouts with heavy-duty firepower, some bikes have blaster cannons that can be removed to create free-standing weapon emplacements.