This Han Solo action figure was released in
1996 in the Power Of The Force 2 Collection.
Hasbro gave the figure six joints and included
two accessories (blaster, carbonite block).
Here is what we noticed when we took a closer look at the figure:
- Han Solo in Carbonite can be placed into the Carbonite block from the back
- There is a plastic hook which holds the figure around the waist
- The Carbonite Block stands well on its own, even with Han Solo inside
- Both sides of the Carbonite Block have pre-applied "control panel" stickers on them, which is nice
- The included over-sized blaster fits spot on into Han Solo's hands
- The figure stands well without help from a stand
The articulation details are as follows: swivel neck, 2 swivel arms, swivel waist, 2 swivel legs
After escaping from Imperial forces in the Hoth system, Han Solo and Princess Leia, Chewbacca and C-3PO,
landed the damaged Millenium Falcon on Bespin's Cloud City for repairs. The four put their trust in the city's
administrator, Lando Calrissian, unaware of the dangers awaiting them. A dashing ex-gambler and long time acquaintance
of Solo's, Calrissian had grudgingly made an agreement with Darth Vader to betray Solo and his friends.
In return, the band would be set free once their capture had lured Luke Skywalker into Vader's grasp.
The Dark Lord had no intention of keeping any promises: on his order a carbonite freezing chamber was modified for
use on humans, especially Luke Skywalker, to render him helpless for safe delivery to the Emperor.
To test the chamber, Solo was frozen and then turned over to the Bounty Hunter Boba Fett. for delivery to the crime lord
Jabba the Hutt. He became the favorite decoration in Jabba's Palace on Tatooine, until a daring rescue attempt
led by Luke Skywalker and Princess Leia freed Han and returned him to the enduring cause of the Rebel Alliance.