This R2-D2 action figure was released in
1998 in the Power Of The Force 2 Collection.
Hasbro gave the figure two joints and included
one accessory (luke skywalker's lightsaber).
Here is what we noticed when we took a closer look at the Droid:
- Luke Skywalker's lightsaber can be placed inside the droid, so that only the hilt looks out of the dome
- When the button on the front of R2 is pressed, the lightsabers launches and shoots out the top
- The dome can't be turned
- The big middle leg is not removable
- The droid stands securely without a stand
- The cables on the legs are painted on, and not actual "cables" as seen on more modern astromech droids
- R2-D2 has "Tatooine sand" on his lower legs
The articulation details are as follows: 2 swivel legs
Though small and unassuming, the astromech droid R2-D2 has proven to be a pivotal figure throughout the quest for freedom in the galaxy. Whether delivering Princess Leia's message to Ben Kenobi or accompanying Luke Skywalker in his X-Wing fighter as he delivered the fatal blow to the first Death Star, Artoo's actions have become legendary within the annals of the Revel Alliance. But unknown to his compatriots, Artoo already had plenty of time and experience at the center of action. Many decades earlier, he served on board the ship of the young queen from the planet Naboo. Even then, he displayed an unmistakable knack for helping others out of dire circumstances.