This 8D8 action figure was released in
1998 in the Power Of The Force 2 Collection.
Hasbro gave the figure five joints and included
one accessory (3-piece droid branding device).
Here is what we noticed when we took a closer look at the Droid:
- The figure is about half a head to a head taller than a basic Star Wars figure
- In the back of 8D8's head is a small plastic piece, so when light shines on it, it will light up the eyes yellow
- 8D8 can't hold the controls of the droid branding device well, mainly due to the lack of elbow joint in both arms
- The droid stands well without help from a stand
- The figure captures the look of the on-screen character beautifully
The articulation details are as follows: swivel neck, 2 swivel arms, 2 swivel legs
Originally designed to work in smelting factories, 8D8 worked under EV-9D9 in Jabba the Hutt's droid operations center.