This R2-D2 action figure was released in
1998 in the Power Of The Force 2 Collection.
Hasbro gave the figure three joints and included
two accessories (arm with saw, "grapping" arm).
Here is what we noticed when we took a closer look at the Droid:
- When R2-D2's dome is rotated, it moves the datalink in and out of the body and the antenna on the top of the dome pops out
- The datalink is permanently attached and can't be removed
- There is a hole on the front of the droid where the two included tools can be plugged in
- Both tools, the "saw" and the extra "arm" fit well into the hole
- This version of R2-D2 has no middle leg
- The figure stands very well without a stand
- The ankles are not movable
- There are no wheels in the feet
The articulation details are as follows: swivel dome, 2 swivel legs
Inside the Imperial Death Star, R2-D2 uses one of his many mechanical assets to rescue his Rebel companions from certain death within a rapidly closing trash compactor.