This AT-ST Driver action figure was released in
2012 in The Vintage Collection.
It was exclusively available at K-Mart.
Hasbro gave the figure 14 points of articulation and included
three accessories (helmet, blaster, harness).
Here is what we noticed when we took a closer look at the figure:
- This AT-ST Driver was part of a K-Mart exclusive 2-pack which also contained a AT-ST Gunner
- Both figures are identical, except for the head sculpt, and the Imperial insignia on the arm
- There are some inconsistencies in this very brief scene in ROTJ, in one scene only one of the AT-ST drivers has an Imperial insignia on the arm, the other doesn't
- In the next scene (seen from behind), both the gunner and the driver have the Imperial Insignia on the arms
- The figure's joints are nicely hidden
- There are no balancing problems and the figure stands nicely without help from a stand
- The blaster fits very tightly into both hands
- The figure can sit very well and fits nicely into the cockpit of the AT-ST vehicle, which was released at around the same time
- The shoulder harness and the helmet are removable
- The goggles on the helmet can't be moved
- The helmet covers the head nicely and the chin strap sits right on top of the chin
The articulation details are as follows: ball-jointed neck, 2 ball-jointed shoulders, 2 ball-jointed elbows, 2 swivel forearms, ball-jointed waist, 2 swivel legs, 2 ball-jointed knees, 2 ball-jointed ankles
If you like this AT-ST Driver figure, you might also like:
These two Imperial troopers find themselves in trouble when they encounter a couple of Ewoks and one giant Wookiee. The unlucky driver is knocked unconscious by Widdle Warrick, Wunka and Chewbacca. The gunner fares no better: he is unceremoniously tossed out of the vehicle by the trio.