This Cloud Car Pilot action figure was released in
1998 in the Power Of The Force 2 Collection.
Hasbro gave the figure six joints and included
Here is what we noticed when we took a closer look at the figure:
- This figure is based on a concept sketch by Ralph McQuarrie
- Kenner named the figure Cloud Car Pilot, but the artwork by Ralph McQuarrie indicates that this figure was indeed a Bespin citizen
- The helmet on the figure is not removable
- The holster is part of the figure and non-functional
- The figure stands well without help from a stand
- This release is a nice tribute to Ralph McQuarrie, and even though the figure feels simple compared with modern figures, it still makes a fantastic background character in a Bespin inspired diorama
The articulation details are as follows: swivel neck, 2 swivel arms, swivel waist, 2 swivel legs
Cloud cars are atmospheric vessels that employ both repulsorlifts and ion engines, filling the important gap between airspeeders and starfighters. Functional in many ways, twin-cockpit, patrol cars escorted the Millennium Falcon and her crew onto Cloud City during The Empire Strikes Back. It was here that Darth Vader had Han Solo frozen in carbonite while Princess Leia, Chewbacca, and C-3PO were held prisoners of the Empire. This single cockpit cloud car was designed and built based on production sketches found in The Art of Star Wars. Its brainchild was renown Star Wars artist, Ralph McQuarrie.