This Dark Trooper action figure was released in
1998 in the Power Of The Force 2 Collection.
Hasbro gave the figure six joints and included
three accessories (heavy blaster, jet pack, shoulder armor).
Here is what we noticed when we took a closer look at the Droid:
- Dark Trooper droids were featured in the video game Star Wars: Dark Forces from 1995
- The jet pack plugs into a hole in the back of the figure, and it wraps around the waist
- The figure's shoulder armor is removable
- None of the other armor pieces, like the chest, leg and arm protection are removable
- The figure stands more than a head taller, and twice as wide, as a basic Star Wars figure (the size is impressive!)
- The heavy blaster fits well into both hands
- The Dark Trooper has no balancing problems
- In 2006, this figure won the Fan's Choice Poll and was re-released with a new 2007 date stamp in 2007 in the Anniversary Collection's "Saga Legends" subline
The articulation details are as follows: swivel neck, 2 swivel arms, swivel waist, 2 swivel legs
It is a period of Civil War. The Rebel Alliance struggles to free the galaxy from the clutches of the evil Galactic Empire. Discovering that Imperial forces have begun developing a new type of Stormtrooper, the Rebels call on mercenary Kyle Katarn. His mission: seek out and destroy the secret Imperial project called Dark Trooper. Known as phase III, this most powerful of the Dark Troopers is actually a figure known as General Mohc. Practically unstoppable, he represents the greatest threat to the success of the Rebel Alliance.