This R2-D2 action figure was released in
1997 in the Power Of The Force 2 Collection.
Hasbro gave the figure two joints and included
Here is what we noticed when we took a closer look at the Droid:
- R2-D2's dome can't be rotated due to the electronics inside
- R2 plays various sounds when the front panel is pushed, this also lights up his eye
- The sound is surprisingly loud when compared with other R2-D2 figures which have electronics built-in
- The battery can be replaced by opening the back panel of the droid with a screwdriver
- R2-D2's middle leg is not removable, movable or retractable into the dome, so the droid will always be in a 3-legged position
- The middle leg has a magnet in it, when a lever on the back of the included base is moved, R2-D2 will move around on the base
- The paint application is nicely done with "Tatooine sand" on the droid's legs and lower body
The articulation details are as follows: 2 swivel legs
For more R2-D2 (Electronic Power F/X) pictures, please take a look at this R2-D2 page.
Recreate R2-D2's action scenes on Tatooine!Magnetic wand moves Artoo around the Desert base.