This Darth Maul action figure was released in
2012 in the Movie Heroes toy line.
Hasbro gave the figure 13 points of articulation and included
one accessory (red double-bladed lightsaber).
Here is what we noticed when we took a closer look at the Sith:
- This Darth Maul figure is a repaint and re-work of the 2002 SAGA Darth Maul "Sith Training" figure (the magnet in the right hand was removed for this release)
- Darth Maul has a "spinning lightsaber" action feature built-in
- There are two wheels in the back, when rotated, one spins the right arm back and forth (or 360 degrees!), the other moves the right forearm back and forth
- The figure can grab the double-bladed lightsaber well with both hands
- Due to the dynamic pose, it will take a while to balance the figure out right if you want to display it without a stand
The articulation details are as follows: swivel neck, 2 swivel arms, left swivel elbow, 2 swivel forearms, swivel waist, 2 swivel legs, 2 swivel knees, 2 swivel boots
Darth Maul has undergone years of demanding and brutal training under his master Darth Sidious to become an incredible Sith warrior. He demonstrates his skill by expertly spinning his double-bladed lightsaber. He attacks with precision and ferocity, twirling the twin blades to strike his Jedi opponent.