This Battle Droid action figure was released in
2012 in the Movie Heroes toy line.
Hasbro gave the figure two joints and included
one accessory (blaster).
Here is what we noticed when we took a closer look at the Droid:
- This Battle Droid was packed-in together with the Trade Federation MTT (Multi Troop Transport) vehicle
- The set contained 16 of these Battle Droids
- The other figures included with this set were four Battle Droid Pilots and an Obi-Wan Kenobi action figure
- The droid has only two movable parts, which is the head and the right arm
- This droid serves only one purpose, which is to be placed into the MTT deployment rack
- Both legs are held together with a permanently attached plastic stand, which gives the droid more stability when the deployment rack moves in and out
- The left arm is molded onto the left leg
- The blaster rifle fits very loosely into the right hand
- The back of the figure has a hole in it, where the blaster can be plugged-in
- The entire Battle Droid is made out of very, very soft plastic and the head falls off easily from it's neck when the figure is re-positioned
The articulation details are as follows: ball-jointed neck, swivel right arm
If you like this Battle Droid figure, you might also like:
Battle Droids deploy into combat from a Trade Federation Multi Troop Transport (MTT) vehicle. The heavy repulsorlift craft lands on the battlefield like a menacing jungle predator. The forward hatch opens and releases a rack filled with Battle Droids. The Droids deploy into action as the MTT's weapons open fire. At the Battle of Naboo, MTTs delivered wave after wave of Battle Droids to face the Gungan army on the grassy plains near the capital city.