This Battle Droid action figure was released in
2012 in the Movie Heroes toy line.
Hasbro gave the figure nine joints and included
one accessory (backpack).
Here is what we noticed when we took a closer look at the Droid:
- This Battle Droid was packed-in together with a class I STAP vehicle
- The figure is a repaint and a slight re-work of the POTF2 Battle Droid with STAP from 1998 and the Episode 1 Battle Droid with STAP from 1999
- In comparison to both previous releases, Hasbro removed the neck joint, which previously allowed the droid's head to be pulled forward
- The joints on this release are also stiffer than on previous releases, which makes it easier to place the droid onto the STAP
- The battle droid's backpack plugs well into a hole in the back of the figure
- Unlike other Battle Droid backpacks, this backpack has no hole where a blaster could be plugged in on the side
- The figure fits well onto the included STAP vehicle
- The droid can't be brought into a full "sleeping position"
- This figure has no issues standing on its own without help from a stand
The articulation details are as follows: ball-jointed neck, 2 swivel arms, 2 swivel elbows, 2 swivel legs, 2 swivel knees
Battle Droids operate STAPs on Naboo. They are part of the massive battle droid army deployed by the Trade Federation to seize control of the peaceful planet. The single trooper aerial platforms (STAPs) are lightweight reconnaissance and patrol vehicles armed with blaster cannons.