This Darth Vader action figure was released in
1995 in the Power Of The Force 2 Collection.
Hasbro gave the figure six joints and included
two accessories (red lightsaber, plastic cape).
Here is what we noticed when we took a closer look at the Sith:
- This 1995 version of Darth Vader was the first attempt at a Darth Vader action figure by Kenner after the vintage line had ended in 1985
- There was an accessory variation with this figure, the first release came with a long lightsaber, the second and corrected version came with a much shorter and in-scale lightsaber
- Pictured here is the corrected, second Darth Vader with the shorter lightsaber (you can find the first release here: POTF2 Darth Vader
- The "He-Man look" was typical for the first few years after the modern line started in 1995
- The lightsaber fits well into both hands
- The figure's plastic cape attaches nicely to the neck and covers the body quite well
- Vader stands nicely without help from a stand
- None of the armor pieces, or the helmet are removable
The articulation details are as follows: swivel neck, 2 swivel arms, swivel waist, 2 swivel legs
Once known as Anakin Skywalker, expert pilot and hero, Vader studied the ways of the Force under young Jedi Knight Obi-Wan Kenobi. His impatience with the Jedi training made him susceptible to the dark side, which corrupted him as he gave in to his anger and aggression. Vader was almost killed in a confrontation with Kenobi, and was forced to adopt his current life support systems and fearsome body armor.