This R2-D2 action figure was released in
2002 in the Star Wars SAGA series.
Hasbro gave the figure five joints and included
two accessories (2 kouhuns assassin centipedes).
Here is what we noticed when we took a closer look at the Droid:
- This R2-D2 action figure was released individually carded
- The first version released had different details on the legs than the second one, for a comparison picture please take a look here: R2-D2 Coruscant Sentry variation
- Pictured here is the first version
- R2's front panel is a button, when pressed, the droid will play various sound bites and the front eye will light up
- Because of the electronics, the dome can't be turned
- On the back of the droid is a screw, which allows for the battery to be changed
- The middle leg can't be removed or moved into the body, so the droid will always be in a 3-legged position
- The feet don't have rolls in them
The articulation details are as follows: 2 swivel legs, 3 swivel ankles
For more R2-D2 (Coruscant Sentry) pictures, please take a look at this R2-D2 page.
The ever-faithful R2-D2 is utilized to guard Senator Padmé Amidala. Always resourceful, R2-D2 sounds an alarm when an attempt on her life is made by an assassin droid that inserts kouhuns assassin centipedes into Padmé's sleeping chambers.