This R2-D2 action figure was released in
2003 in the Star Wars SAGA series.
Hasbro gave the figure three joints and included
two accessories (2 booster rocket attachments).
Here is what we noticed when we took a closer look at the Droid:
- This R2-D2 (Droid Factory Flight) was released individually carded
- The figure has a rotating dome, but it doesn't seem to have any functionality (like reeling the cable in)
- Both rocket booster attachments attach nicely onto the side of the legs
- When both outsides of the legs are pressed together, the middle leg moves out
- The string or cable runs all the way through the droid, it can be pulled out from the bottom through the leg in the middle or through a panel on the top of the dome
- When the string is held from both ends, the droid stays in the middle, which "simulates R2-D2's FLIGHT"
- The tether at the end of the string has a magnet inside of it, where C-3PO's head can be attached (the packaging says that C-3PO from the Droid Factory Assembly line can be attached to it, but we didn't test this)
- The droid feels very stiff, especially because only the ankles on the outer feet and the dome are movable
- The paint application on the dome seems to be pretty off with just a simple grey
- There are no little wheels in the feet
The articulation details are as follows: rotating dome, 2 swivel ankles
Accompanying Padmé on a rescue mission to the planet Geonosis, R2-D2 is chased into the huge battle droid factory, where he uses his jet-flight function in an attempt to escape his pursuers.