This Anakin Skywalker action figure was released in
2002 in the Star Wars SAGA series.
Hasbro gave the figure six joints and included
four accessories (storage container, blaster, blue lightsaber blade, plastic poncho).
Here is what we noticed when we took a closer look at the Jedi:
- Anakin Skywalker (Outland Peasant Disguise) was released individually carded
- Anakin has a permanently attached lightsaber hilt on his right hand, which is reminiscent of the original vintage figures from the late 1970's
- The lightsaber blade can be moved in and out by moving it up or down on the back of the arm
- The plastic poncho is easily removable
- Anakin has a magnet in his left hand, when the hand is swiped over the container's "lock", the container's lid opens up ("Force Action")
- The blaster attaches to the left hand via the magnet, but this doesn't work too well (the blaster hangs down on the hand very loosely)
- The figure doesn't stand well without help from a stand
- This specific version of Anakin Skywalker was updated by Hasbro in 2011: Anakin Skywalker (Peasant Disguise)
The articulation details are as follows: swivel neck, 2 swivel arms, swivel waist, 2 swivel legs
It has been ten years since young Anakin Skywalker left his desert home to train to become a Jedi Knight. Under the mentorship of Obi-Wan Kenobi, Anakin is assigned to bring Senator Padmé Amidala back to Naboo after she escapes another assassination attempt. Anakin dresses in peasant clothes to hide his Jedi identity.