This Palpatine action figure was released in
2003 in the Star Wars SAGA series.
Hasbro gave the figure eight joints and included
three accessories (walking stick, 2 short force lightning effects).
Here is what we noticed when we took a closer look at the Sith:
- Emperor Palpatine was released individually carded
- Palpatine's plastic cloak and hood are not removable
- The two short force lightning effects can be attached to both wrists
- The figure is sculpted nicely, but the hood is much, much too big
- The walking stick doesn't fit well into either hand
- The Emperor stands securely on his own without help from a stand
The articulation details are as follows: swivel neck, 2 ball-jointed shoulders, 2 swivel wrists, swivel waist, 2 swivel ankles
The Emperor was the supreme ruler of the most powerful tyrannical regime the galaxy had ever witnessed. He was a scheming ruler, planning events far in the future, using the Force to foresee the results. He tried to turn Luke Skywalker to the dark side of the Force, even at the expense of sacrificing Darth Vader. Luke refused the power offered to him by the Emperor, so he attacked Luke with deadly Force lightning. Luke almost died in the assault, but his father returned to the light side of the Force and hurtled the Emperor into the Death Star's reactor core.