This Darth Maul action figure was released in
2002 in the Star Wars SAGA series.
Hasbro gave the figure 13 points of articulation and included
three accessories (red double-bladed lightsaber with removable blades, probe droid, droid stand).
Here is what we noticed when we took a closer look at the Sith:
- Darth Maul (Sith Training) was released individually carded
- The figure is based on a concept drawing
- Darth Maul has a "spinning lightsaber" action feature built-in
- There are two wheels in the back, when rotated, one spins the right arm back and forth (or 360 degrees!), the other moves the right forearm back and forth
- The figure can grab the double-bladed lightsaber well with both hands
- Both lightsaber blades can be removed from the hilt
- Due to the dynamic pose, it will take a while to balance the figure out right if you want to display it without a stand
- The magnet in the right hand helps to keep the lightsaber attached to the hand
- The included probe droid fits well onto its base
- This very same figure, but repainted and without the magnet in the right hand, was released in the 2012 Movie Heroes toy line: MH5 Darth Maul
The articulation details are as follows: swivel neck, 2 swivel arms, left swivel elbow, 2 swivel forearms, swivel waist, 2 swivel legs, 2 swivel knees, 2 swivel boots
The chosen apprentice of a Sith Lord, Darth Maul has undergone years of demanding and sometimes brutal training in order to become a Sith. After expertly wielding his lightsaber to prove his skill, he bows respectfully before his master.