This WA-7 action figure was released in
2003 in the Star Wars SAGA series.
Hasbro gave the figure six joints and included
two accessories (tray, diner base).
Here is what we noticed when we took a closer look at the Droid:
- Diner Droid WA-7 was released individually carded
- There are no hidden panels or built-in gadgets on this droid
- The two "cables" running from the head down to the back of the figure can be unplugged in the back
- The wheel on the bottom spins
- WA-7 is unable to stand on its own and requires the included stand for support (this works just so-so)
- The datestamp is not on the figure, but on the bottom of the included base
- The two glasses on top of the tray are permanently attached
- The tray can be plugged onto a peg on the right hand
- This very same figure was slightly re-worked (datestamp on the figure) and re-painted in 2011 as a Disney Park exclusive: Aly San San
The articulation details are as follows: ball-jointed head, swivel-jointed neck, 2 ball-jointed shoulders, swivel waist, spinning wheel
The waitress droid WA-7 works at Dexter's Diner, a steadfast source of down-home cooking and, on occasion, valuable information. Situated in an industrial pocket of Coruscant, the unassuming eatery is a favorite with the locals because of its hearty food and Dex's distinctive special recipes. With WA-7's frisky spirit and built-in order transmitter, the single-wheeled waitress droid serves up the day's specials to the varied assortment of freighter drivers and dockworkers who frequent the establishment.