This Battle Droid action figure was released in
2002 in the Star Wars SAGA series.
Hasbro gave the figure seven joints and included
five accessories (backpack, blaster, 2 blue blast effects, 1 red blast effect).
Here is what we noticed when we took a closer look at the Droid:
- This Battle Droid (Arena Battle) was released individually carded
- There were two different versions of this Battle Droid available, a tan colored Battle Droid and a red Battle Droid
- This was an intentional running change by Hasbro
- The figure's backpack plugs firmly into a hole in the back
- The backpack has a hole on the side where the blaster can be attached
- The droid has a peg on the chest where the included blast effect can be attached
- The figure is made out of very soft plastic and the limbs and legs will bend easily over time
- The blaster fits OK into the right hand, it doesn't fit into the left hand
- Both blue blast effects can be wrapped around the droid's arms and legs well
- The combination of no articulation from the waist down and very soft plastic make it almost impossible to display this figure without help from a stand
- This Battle Droid can't be folded up into a "sleeping position"
The articulation details are as follows: ball-jointed neck, 2 swivel arms, 2 swivel elbows, 2 swivel legs
A decade earlier, the Trade Federation's army of battle droids invaded the peaceful planet of Naboo. Now these droids are back in even greater numbers, ready to march against the Jedi and the forces of the Galactic Republic.