This Darth Vader action figure was released in
2003 in the Star Wars SAGA series.
Hasbro gave the figure eight joints and included
three accessories (helmet, red lightsaber, plastic cape).
Here is what we noticed when we took a closer look at the Sith:
- Darth Vader (Throne Room Duel) was released individually carded
- The helmet (the dome and the face mask are one piece) can be taken off the figure
- Vader's upper body can be turned to the side until it snaps into place, then when the button on the back of the figure is pressed, the upper body moves around for some "lightsaber throwing action"
- The lightsaber, which has a non-removable blade, fits very well into both hands
- The plastic cape attaches well around Vader's neck
- This figure is unable to stand on its own for more than a few seconds and you will require a stand if you want to display it
The articulation details are as follows: swivel neck, ball-jointed right shoulder, swivel left arm, swivel right elbow, swivel right forearm, swivel waist, 2 swivel legs
Encouraged by the Emperor to fight his own son Luke in a lightsaber duel, Darth Vader discovers his son has become a powerful Jedi. But Vader discovers his son's true strength when Luke puts down his lightsaber to sacrifice himself rather than take the life of his father. When the enraged Emperor turns to destroy Luke, the former Anakin Skywalker has one last chance for redemption.