This R2-D2 action figure was released in
2004 in the Star Wars SAGA series.
Hasbro gave the figure six joints and included
two accessories (serving tray, drink dispenser).
Here is what we noticed when we took a closer look at the Droid:
- This R2-D2 (Jabba's Sail Barge) was released individually carded
- The drink dispenser can be plugged into a small hole in the top of the dome
- The serving tray sits loosely on top of R2-D2's legs
- R2's middle leg can be pushed into the body, so that R2 can stand on two legs
- Unfortunately, the middle leg doesn't go all the way in and it shows a little on the bottom
- The droid doesn't have wheels in the feet
- The dome can be rotated 360 degrees, and it will make a clicking sound (although rotating the dome doesn't seem to do anything else)
- R2-D2 stands very well on his own without help from a stand
- This version of R2-D2 was updated by Hasbro in The Vintage Collection: VC25 R2-D2
The articulation details are as follows: rotating dome, 2 swivel legs, 3 swivel ankles
During a daring mission to rescue Han Solo from Jabba the Hutt, R2-D2 and C-3PO were sent into the Hutt's palace on Tatooine, where they became the grisly crime lord's property. Artoo served as a waiter, distributing drinks aboard Jabba's sail barge. Little did any of the criminal dregs suspect that the droid carried in him Luke Skywalker's lightsaber, which he launched to the unarmed Jedi, who went on to rescue himself and his friends.