This Senate Guard action figure was released in
2005 in the Revenge Of The Sith Collection.
Hasbro gave the figure twelve joints and included
three accessories (blaster rifle, blaster, base).
Here is what we noticed when we took a closer look at the figure:
- This Royal Guard (Senate Security) was released individually carded
- There were two different figures available, Hasbro released this blue Royal Guard first, and then later released the red Royal Guard instead
- Pictured here is the blue Royal Guard
- The blue soft-goods robe is overly bulky and it's difficult to display the figure properly because of it
- The figure is nicely detailed underneath the robe
- There is no head underneath the helmet
- The figure reviewed here had trouble holding the blaster rifle and the blaster
- The small blaster is a good fit for the holster
- The guard has no balancing problems and can be displayed without using a stand
- *side note: we keep this figure in the database under Senate Guard instead of Royal Guard to stay consistent with later releases of this character
The articulation details are as follows: swivel neck, 2 ball-jointed shoulders, 2 swivel elbows, 2 swivel forearms, swivel waist, 2 swivel legs, 2 ball-jointed knees
The Royal Guard is Coruscant's most elite security force. During his rise to power, Palpatine seized control of all senate security, consolidating the blue senate guard and his own crimson personal guard under his direct authority.