This General Grievous action figure was released in
2005 in the Revenge Of The Sith Collection.
Hasbro gave the figure 15 points of articulation and included
six accessories (big blaster with grappling hook projectile, 2 green lightsabers, 2 blue lightsabers, plastic cape).
Here is what we noticed when we took a closer look at the figure:
- This General Grievous (Secret Lightsaber Attack!) was released in the "Deluxe line"
- When the figure's head is pressed down, the right arm will "unhook" and move out (Secret Lightsaber Attack)
- Press the head again and the left arm will move out as well
- This action feature is done well, because it lets the arms come out one by one (just like in the movie) instead of just having all of them shoot out at once
- The paint application on the figure is done quite well with lots of dirt on the armor
- The panels on the back of the shoulders have magnets in them which help to keep the plastic cape in place
- Unfortunately, General Grievous doesn't have articulated wrists which makes it difficult to position the lightsabers properly
- The figure stands well without help from a stand
- The oversized blaster with the grappling hook projectile doesn't fit well into the hands
- General Grievous is about half a head taller than a basic Star Wars action figure
The articulation details are as follows: ball-jointed neck, 2 ball-jointed shoulders, 4 swivel shoulders, 4 swivel elbows, 2 swivel legs, 2 ball-jointed knees
Part alien, part droid, General Grievous is the supreme commander of the droid armies and mastermind of the Separatist attacks. Trained in lightsaber combat, he uses his four arms with deadly skill in battle.