This Palpatine action figure was released in
2005 in the Revenge Of The Sith Collection.
Hasbro gave the figure 14 points of articulation and included
six accessories (red lightsaber, soft-goods sith robe, walking stick, robe clasp, extra set of hands with blue force lightning effects).
Here is what we noticed when we took a closer look at the Sith:
- Emperor Palpatine (The Republic Falls) was released in the "The Sith" Evolution 3-pack
- The other two figures in this 3-pack were Darth Maul (The Sith Return) and Count Dooku (The Clone Wars)
- Palpatine can hold the lightsaber well in the right hand
- The walking stick fits only very loosely into the right hand
- It's questionable if including a walking stick makes sense for this version of Palpatine because of the overly aggressive looking head sculpt
- The soft-goods Sith robe is too big, and it looks too bulky on the figure
- The robe clasp is its own piece and can be removed
- Hasbro included a second set of hands in this set, which have blue Force Lightning effects attached to them
- The hands can either be used on Count Dooku, or on Emperor Palpatine
- Palpatine a.k.a. Darth Sidious stands well without help from a stand
The articulation details are as follows: ball-jointed neck, 2 ball-jointed shoulders, 2 ball-jointed elbows, 2 swivel wrists, swivel waist, 2 swivel legs, 2 ball-jointed knees, 2 ball-jointed ankles
If you like this Palpatine figure, you might also like:
After thousands of years, the Sith reveal themselves to the Jedi. Witness their evolution with these Sith figures! Darth Maul attacks the Jedi, revealing that the Sith are still a threat to the galaxy. Then Count Dooku, a former Jedi, comes out of hiding as a Sith Lord to attack the Republic. Finally, the Emperor, who should be fighting to save the Republic, is revealed as the most powerful and menacing Sith of all!