This Mustafar Lava Miner action figure was released in
2007 in The Anniversary Collection.
Hasbro gave the figure 14 points of articulation and included
three accessories (mining pole, bucket of lava, coin).
Here is what we noticed when we took a closer look at the figure:
- The Mustafar Lava Miner was released individually carded
- The pole attaches quite nicely to the bucket full of Lava
- The figure is able to grab the pole well with both hands
- There is no head underneath the helmet
- The Mustafar Lava Miner stands about half a head taller than a basic Star Wars figure
- The paint application on the legs is done very well with some "Lava damage" on the boots
- None of the armor pieces are removable
- The figure stands shaky without help from a stand
The articulation details are as follows: ball-jointed neck, 2 ball-jointed shoulders, 2 ball-jointed elbows, 2 swivel forearms, swivel waist, 2 swivel legs, 2 ball-jointed knees, 2 ball-jointed ankles
The volcanic planet of Mustafar has spawned a number of native life-forms, including the sentient Mustafarians. These insectoid bipeds wear armor that is fashioned from the castoff shells of their lava flea mounts and can withstand the extreme heat and splashes involved in mining hot lava.