This Destroyer Droid action figure was released in
2007 in The Anniversary Collection.
Hasbro gave the figure eleven joints and included
four accessories (energy shield, 2 red blast effects, coin).
Here is what we noticed when we took a closer look at the Droid:
- This Destroyer Droid was released individually carded
- The energy shield included covers only half the droid, in order to complete it, you had to purchase two droids
- The energy shield is colored in a dark blue, and it's difficult to see the droid inside of it
- Unfortunately, the energy shield is too small, and the Destroyer Droid needs to be "squeezed" into the full energy shield
- The red blast-effect pieces attach OK to the front cannons of the droid
- The legs can be adjusted very well to give the droid a wider stance, which eliminiates balancing issues
- There are no hidden panels or gadgets built-in
- It's not possible to fold-up the droid into a "rolling position"
- A repainted version of this droid was re-released by Hasbro in 2012's Discover The Force sub-line: Destroyer Droid
The articulation details are as follows: swivel neck, 2 swivel shoulders, 2 swivel forearms, 3 swivel legs, 3 swivel knees
Droidekas, or destroyer droids, are more dangerous and harder to stop than battle droids or super battle droids. Armed with twin blasters and programmed to destroy, they can surround themselves with a protective energy shield or curl into balls and roll into attack at great speed.